27 November 2017

That's Just Me

today and tomorrow,
that’s me.

I want you to know me.  
Even though I look and feel different, 
from time to time. 
That’s just me the same person 
whom you see.  

Whether I am a rock,
a bush or a grain of sand on the hill,
that is me.

Whether I am a child, 
an adolescent or an adult,
that's me, rooted in eternity.  
Whether I am fearful or bold, 
popular or shy, weak or strong,
that's me.

Whether I am black,  white or yellow, 
that's me calling for equality.

I have goals and ambitions; 
setbacks and failures; sad times
and happy times, 
that's me.  
Whether I am a man, 
woman, rich, poor, 
dumb or smart,
that's me
who wants to be free.  

Whether I am one day, 
two days, 
or one hundred years old,
I wrote my own name in history,
that's me.  

Whether I fulfill my dreams, goof off, 
or just do nothing,
that's me.

Whether I am a star, a speck of dust 
or a snowflake in the winter storm, 
that's me.

Whether I am an angel or sinner,
that's just me.

I have a name with a face, 
a smile with a laughter
and a unique identity, that's me.  
It does not matter how long 
I linger around here,
shrouded with mystery, 
that's me.

Yesterday, today and tomorrow,
I will always be just me.


John A. Shalhoub.

0 comments:

 
;